4.7K views

I have been using and distributing Advocare for about two years.I do like most of their products, although I do feel their product is a bit pricey, I believe in the product so I buy the product.

However, how can Advocare justify the smaller size of Spark for the same price? I am a distributor and have not been able to rationalize this to my clients.

More than one client has told me they will not be reordering and on another note....neither will I.I think Spark is probably one of Advocare's most popular items and they should think about this "New Design" before they loose a lot of business.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Advocare. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Advocare.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Health and Beauty category for more informed decision or compare Advocare to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Advocare?

Comments

Bloomington, Illinois, United States #1202575

The number of servings is still the same.

"LOSE" a lot of business. Not "loose".

Just received my Spark shipment and was surprised to find an even smaller canister for the same exorbitant price. This will be my final purchase. Wake up Advocare or you will start to be thought of as a greedy company worried mostly about your bottom line!

i agree completely. the last canister was more than twice the size, i was shocked to see the smaller can, and the teeny tiny scoop!

i have been a distributor for 16 years!!!!!

I agree. I'll never buy that product again...

Since Advo care does not have to purchase all the extra filler material and they also only have to purchase half the plastic for the containers, why not pass the savings for all that material on to the customer? And are you saying that the GABA is "non-active" and therefore was always completely ineffective?

"THE NEW SPARK CANISTER

At AdvoCare we always want to innovate and find ways to make our amazing products even better and easier to use.About two years ago we set out on a mission to update the Spark packaging—and most importantly, to move from pouches to stick packs.

We knew that doing this would update our look and also make it easier to use (no more showing someone how to correctly fold a spark packet so it doesn’t spill when pouring

smile emoticon

As we started working on this stick pack conversion, we found that the stick packs were very large. In fact, they were so large that we realized it wouldn’t be an innovation but rather make spark harder to use; but, we didn’t want to just give up and move on. We wanted to find a way to make it work. As always, our science, R&D and manufacturing teams rose t the challenge to make it work.

After a lot of trial and error, we found something.

By reducing one of the NON ACTIVE ingredients, we could literally cut the amount of powder in a spark in half.

When this idea was presented, the first question asked was- “Will this in any way change the efficacy of Spark.” The answer from the Scientific and Medical Advisory Board and our in house science team was an unequivocal ‘NO.’ In fact, removing this non active ingredient actually reduces the calories and carbohydrates significantly- without changing any of the ingredients that make a Spark a Spark. Some have asked why that...

When filling packets we actually needed the amount of powder in each serving to be heavier. But with new technology and the stick packs we are able to reduce it. The end result is the same great spark, less calories, less carbs. Knowing we want the stick pack and canister formulas to be the same, we are using the same new formula in the canister.

What this allowed us to do was create a custom canister just for AdvoCare and in the process we were able to create one that uses HALF the amount of plastic as the old canister-half! The scoop is also smaller than the old scoop because the amount of powder has been reduced. But the benefits and active ingredients remain the same. This was not a decision made lightly and one that took over two years to complete.

We are so excited about this and a few other innovations we have in the pipeline. So if someone asks you if they are getting less Spark than before, the simple and easy answer is NO. It’s even better now.

Bigger is not always better.I much prefer my iPhone to the 10 pound mobile phone from 1996."

to Anonymous #1137669

The new spark is not as effective as the old spark. In fact it does not work at all for me. I am actually the same after taking it, no energy.

to Anonymous Lovington, New Mexico, United States #1311663

Me too!The new spark dies absolutely nothing for me at all.

It's terrible and I feel completely ripped off.I'm so sad.

to Tara Lovington, New Mexico, United States #1311665