4.9K views

I have been using and distributing Advocare for about two years. I do like most of their products, although I do feel their product is a bit pricey, I believe in the product so I buy the product.

However, how can Advocare justify the smaller size of Spark for the same price? I am a distributor and have not been able to rationalize this to my clients.

More than one client has told me they will not be reordering and on another note....neither will I. I think Spark is probably one of Advocare's most popular items and they should think about this "New Design" before they loose a lot of business.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

First off old formula was way better new formula doesn’t work and if anything makes me feel worse after drinking it and second even if it has the same number of servings you’re still literally paying the same for less bottom line...

Bloomington, Illinois, United States #1202575

The number of servings is still the same.

"LOSE" a lot of business. Not "loose".

Just received my Spark shipment and was surprised to find an even smaller canister for the same exorbitant price. This will be my final purchase. Wake up Advocare or you will start to be thought of as a greedy company worried mostly about your bottom line!

i agree completely. the last canister was more than twice the size, i was shocked to see the smaller can, and the teeny tiny scoop!

i have been a distributor for 16 years!!!!!

I agree. I'll never buy that product again...

Since Advo care does not have to purchase all the extra filler material and they also only have to purchase half the plastic for the containers, why not pass the savings for all that material on to the customer? And are you saying that the GABA is "non-active" and therefore was always completely ineffective?

"THE NEW SPARK CANISTER

At AdvoCare we always want to innovate and find ways to make our amazing products even better and easier to use. About two years ago we set out on a mission to update the Spark packaging—and most importantly, to move from pouches to stick packs.

We knew that doing this would update our look and also make it easier to use (no more showing someone how to correctly fold a spark packet so it doesn’t spill when pouring

smile emoticon

As we started working on this stick pack conversion, we found that the stick packs were very large. In fact, they were so large that we realized it wouldn’t be an innovation but rather make spark harder to use; but, we didn’t want to just give up and move on. We wanted to find a way to make it work. As always, our science, R&D and manufacturing teams rose t the challenge to make it work.

After a lot of trial and error, we found something.

By reducing one of the NON ACTIVE ingredients, we could literally cut the amount of powder in a spark in half.

When this idea was presented, the first question asked was- “Will this in any way change the efficacy of Spark.” The answer from the Scientific and Medical Advisory Board and our in house science team was an unequivocal ‘NO.’ In fact, removing this non active ingredient actually reduces the calories and carbohydrates significantly- without changing any of the ingredients that make a Spark a Spark. Some have asked why that ingredient wasn’t cut in half years ago or why it was there in the first place. Great question. The answer is quite simple.

When filling packets we actually needed the amount of powder in each serving to be heavier. But with new technology and the stick packs we are able to reduce it. The end result is the same great spark, less calories, less carbs. Knowing we want the stick pack and canister formulas to be the same, we are using the same new formula in the canister.

What this allowed us to do was create a custom canister just for AdvoCare and in the process we were able to create one that uses HALF the amount of plastic as the old canister-half! The scoop is also smaller than the old scoop because the amount of powder has been reduced. But the benefits and active ingredients remain the same. This was not a decision made lightly and one that took over two years to complete.

We are so excited about this and a few other innovations we have in the pipeline. So if someone asks you if they are getting less Spark than before, the simple and easy answer is NO. It’s even better now.

Bigger is not always better. I much prefer my iPhone to the 10 pound mobile phone from 1996."

to Anonymous #1137669

The new spark is not as effective as the old spark. In fact it does not work at all for me. I am actually the same after taking it, no energy.

to Anonymous Lovington, New Mexico, United States #1311663

Me too! The new spark dies absolutely nothing for me at all.

It's terrible and I feel completely ripped off. I'm so sad.

to Tara Lovington, New Mexico, United States #1311665

Oops. Does not dies...

to Anonymous #1393560

The New Spark is not the same as the old Spark. It isn't as effective and if any of your distributors can get people to buy this small spark canister for the same old price, you are lucky, because over half of mine quit buying it after the change.

It is a flat out rip off now. I can't believe Advocare made this change.

Put the old canister and the new one together and boy and keep telling your customers its the same after an ingredient was left out , so not as much powder needed. People that have been taking it for years definitely can tell the difference and you are not fooling any of these people!

I had an old container and a new container, compare them. The new container has less fillers but all the good stuff, and less crabs. The scoop is much smaller, so the serving size is smaller but the same amount of all the great things we love about Spark.

to Anonymous #1016169

Gotta love less crabs! I know you meant carbs.

Utica, Minnesota, United States #1014501

how do you justify the price being the same for less product

to Anonymous Rockford, Illinois, United States #1162099

because even though the serving size is smaller, the number of servings per canister remain the same....therefore, same # of serving= same price.......

Utica, Minnesota, United States #1014500

the servings are not the same size and the container is 10 oz now and not 1 lb 6.2 oz. and when you open the new container the scoop is even smaller and the container is not even full and i realize they go by weight.

Still same amount of serving

There is no difference in the spark except that they took out some unnecessary ingredients. The servings are still the same and now its less calories.

No one is getting ripped off. And if you are a distributor check your email.

Everyone got an email explaining this.