15.7K views

Someone on here said Advocare had only all natural, great ingredients.

I am not for or against, however, after reading labels I notice artificial flavors and sucralose.

Artificial ingredients mean chemically altered. Maybe just minutely, but still altered. Call the company, ask them what type of artificial ingredients they use and just what is in them.

Sucralose is sugar, or was once upon a time, until some chemist decided to molecularly change it and add the same chlorine they use in swimming pools to it. Please check every company's ingredients.

This is the only way to challenge the FDA.

Location: Tacoma, Washington

Comments

The FDA covers prescription drugs. They don't regulate homeopathic supplements.

#209426

Wow, just learned that the company i described below is no longer in business and has sold it's assets to another owner. Now that company is making Advocare's products. must be a good story there.

#207018

Advocare has change my life. Lost 35lbs and my friends Dad lost to date 127lbs and you can think what every you want I have seen the products work time and time agian.

#205810

:? I have been taking Advocare since March of this year and I'm now expierencing burning from my throat to my intestines.

My friend is also having burning in her stomach.

I hope this isn't what's causing it but after other reports, I'm beginning to wonder!? I go to the doctor next week.

#204648

Alan, I can speak from first hand experience. Advocare uses whatever their contract manufacturers can get in house to make their products.

I know one company still making products for them where several quality people walked, including supply chain people and the coo. That's a huge red flag don't you think???

#203308

Michelle,

What makes bad companies is the people who are in them, and any false or deceptive statements they make about what the company makes. It's sad that you'll be called on ur facts and Advocare will have ur ignorance as their defense.

The truth is that Advocare has a very distinct plans to expand by a very specific time deadline.I know them for over 15 years now. What Advocare was supposed to be died over 9 years ago with Charlie Ragus. You're just part of a machine now that manipulates and hypes people up with doctors who are paid to say what they say.

Look into all the great minds that Advocare has had in the past, and ask just one question. WHy are they not there anymore?

#202999

The IV was invented in 1832. So, I'm pretty sure that the guy who invented the IV is not on the board for Advocare.

Repeating this untruth about the physician board member makes me suspect of other claims and products from Advocare.

#195969

But is it proven safe? Does it provide any benefit to the public?

Does it help with weight loss? Are there any long term human studies?

Has it been shown to be safe for the environment? The answer to all of these questions is unfortunately a resounding NO.

#195967

jamiedpt...last time i checked chlorine is not an amino acid. Just to be clear....

It is manufactured by the selective chlorination of sucrose (table sugar), which converts three of the hydroxyl groups to chlorides.

The selective chlorination is achieved by selective protection of the primary alcohol groups followed by acetylation and then deprotection of the primary alcohol groups. Following an induced acetyl migration on one of the hydroxyl groups, the partially acetylated sugar is then chlorinated with a chlorinating agent such as phosphorus oxychloride, followed by removal of the acetyl groups to give sucralose.

yes the partially converted sugar becomes chlorinated....that means chlorine dummy. not an amino acid...

good lord. You're a distributor huh???

#195492

Sucralose is a sugar molecule with an amino acid added to it. Not exactly artifical. Check out peer reviewed scientific data, there is NO harmfull affects of sucralose found to this day!

#194711

You know what I'm Pissed about? The FDA, Ya the FDA has such a great track record, that is why drugs are always being pulled back from the market and the law suits start. Why the deaths from side effects keep piling up. Because the FDA is so effective and of Corse, they are always right, right?

Like the Stearle Laboratories and the "Jerome Bressler Report"

What a joke, my tax dollars go to pay for what? Big Pharma's still put out products that Kill people all the time. A no body holds the FDA responsible? If I put out a product that killed people with its side effects, I would be in prison. I guess Trillions of dollars make a difference when it comes to human life.

#194706

Like the Stearle Laboratories and the "Jerome Bressler Report"

@PissedConsumer194706

Learn to spell...

#190744

Is AdvoCare right for everyone? No.

Has it helped THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people achieve the healthy life they've always wanted? ABSOLUTELY!!

You are absolutely right in stating that Sucralose (marketed as Splenda) is NOT a natural ingredient. However, I would like you to show me where you have seen AdvoCare make a clam that our products are 100% natural. I do believe that perhaps a distributor may have claimed this, but that is by no means the claim of AdvoCare Corporate.

This day and age there are VERY few products that are 100& ALL NATURAL. Even if they claim to be. The prepackaged salad mix that I bought at the grocery store yesterday says it was 100% Organic... then I turn the package over and see that there are chemical preservitives used to keep the lettuce from wilting.

Is this ALL NATURAL? No.

Sucralose is Splenda (some people are allergic to this) And it is full of carcinogens. We have a coach who uses our kids and sells to them in the high school without the parents even knowing it.

It really makes me angry as he is using the school system to sell his product. Giving Advocare a bad name.

Then he brags that he makes 500 thousand a year. How dare he break the law and supply this to our students.

Come on now, everyone. Natural products?

Yes there are some natural ingredients in advocare's products, but every vitamin is sythesized, otherwise the cost would be extremely prohibitive. Any extract is not natural, it is processes with alcohol or glycerine to concentrate particular alkoloids within that herb. That is not a natural ingredient. it is a specific ingredient containing a measurable content of a specific alkaloid.

Be assured though that the Maltodextrin used in the product is natural.

It makes up about 90- 95% of all teh material used in advocare products. BTW it cost about 0.60 cents per kilogram..

The physician that invented the IV is on the board. As well as physicians who specialize in cancer treatment, amongst other specialities.

Advocare does indeed test for 180 banned substances. Advocare may not be for you, but what if it is?? Ignorance is not an excuse to behave badly. If you don't understand something find someone who has the answers and ask the questions.

Advocare is not a perfect product or a miracle product. But the products are designed to produce results if used properly. There is a customer service line that will happily answer any questions you may have about the products and how to take them.

If O2 Gold helps one person with asthma breath better than they ever have, or Bio Tools allows someone with a bad shoulder to hug the person they love, or MNS C gives the overweight mother to ability to loose weight and play with her children....Then I would say these products are definitely worth their weight in GOLD!!! If you would like to know more please go to my web-site www.advocare/1007****

the FDA doesnt test supplements

Well alls I can say is before I started using advocare those steroid shots I had to have every other month were not doing me much good. Started to use biotools and not only am I off the shots but feeling wonderful to boot.

It won't cure my lupus, but at least I can walk without pain.

Try telling me it is bad product.. I'll tell you to go take a hike.

Supplements are like a band aid, short term well being not long term well being. If you want to see long term well being just eat(real) food, and exercise.

AdvoCare Reviews