15.2K views

Someone on here said Advocare had only all natural, great ingredients.

I am not for or against, however, after reading labels I notice artificial flavors and sucralose.

Artificial ingredients mean chemically altered. Maybe just minutely, but still altered. Call the company, ask them what type of artificial ingredients they use and just what is in them.

Sucralose is sugar, or was once upon a time, until some chemist decided to molecularly change it and add the same chlorine they use in swimming pools to it. Please check every company's ingredients.

This is the only way to challenge the FDA.

Had an Experience with Advocare?

Comments

It is misleading to say that the chlorine in Sucralose is the same as what they use in swimming pools. It is in the form of chloride ions, the same as found in sodium chloride - NaCl (aka table salt) and hydrogen chloride - HCl (stomach acid). The chlorine used in pools is in the highly reactive elemental form.Chlorine as chloride ions is an essential nutrient for living things, functioning as an electrolyte to help maintaing water balance and is involved in many other biological processes.

Let's be accurate with sucralose.According to webmd.com (which I find to be a valuable medical website).

1- What are artificial sweeteners?

Artificial sweeteners can be used instead of sugar to sweeten foods and drinks. You can add them to drinks like coffee or iced tea, and they are found in many foods sold in grocery stores. These sweeteners, also called sugar substitutes, are made from chemicals and natural substances.

(I am paraphrasing the list of other sweeteners since they were not being debated)

* Sucralose (Splenda). It's in many diet foods and drinks.

2- Are sugar substitutes safe? (Sucralose was not mentioned here) Yes. The FDA regulates the use of artificial sweeteners. At one time, saccharin was thought to increase the risk of bladder cancer in animals.

Studies reviewed by the FDA have found no clear evidence of a link between saccharin and cancer in humans. People who have phenylketonuria (PKU) should avoid foods and drinks that have aspartame, which contains phenylalanine. 3- Do artificial sweeteners raise blood sugar? No.

Artificial sweeteners provide no energy, so they won't affect your blood sugar.

If you have diabetes, these substitutes are safe to use.Now, this was just an overview, but factual information nonetheless.

to Mac Everett, Washington, United States #913320

Are you joking?Because the FDA says so, you're on board?

Get your facts straight, European nations NOT governed by the dollar hungry FDA labels sucrose as a CAUTIONARY chemical. It has been known to cause neurological abnormalities and as a base carcinogen for several years now.

But you go ahead and extol the virtues of WEBMD and the FDA........cause everything on the internet is true.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #812357

I was suffering from menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweat, insomnia, lack of energy, etc.after taking Advocare's Formula W for a week and a half all symptoms subsided..

I also take OmegaPlex and plan on taking their probiotics. I started taking OmegaPlex due to reviews on Dr. Oz. Who only endorses products he has reviewed personally.

He stated on his show and you can also find it on his show site that Advocare's OmegaPlex was one among a handful of omega-3 products he found that your body can absorb properly and is not filled with useless ingredients.

My daughter is my distributor and took some Advocare products while pregnant after checking with her doctor including Spark.

She is a health conscious nurse.

Some of the comments here sound like fabrications from people who have an allegiance to other product lines.Not cool

to LindaTof LV #839254

to LindaTof LV #956596

I felt homicidal on Formula W. I tried it on 2 different occasions and felt like choking the *** out of everyone. Seriously changed my personality it was awful!!

to LindaTof LV Middletown, Ohio, United States #1223358

If she's a health conscience nurse, why is she putting chemicals in her body, which is giving her baby nutrients?Sucralose is a chemical.

Period.

It gives me migraines.I will not allow my children to injest anything with aspartame in it.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #812354

She is a health conscious nurse.

to LindaTfrom LV #858381

I wish I could find sites that have review from people who #1 do not sell these products, #2 is not related to someone who makes money from selling this stuff.It's hard to do since this is a ponzi scheme so everybody will be selling it before it's over.

Any usefulness it may have is going to be overshadowed by that.:(

to Barb Florida, United States #895920

Do you even know what a "Ponzi" scheme is?...Please stop talking.Then are all businesses "ponzi" schemes?

You have people, that work under people, who work under more people...Thats how companies work!!!...It then comes down to the product, and the people running the company. Advocare has mostly great, safe products.

I don't sell them but I do take them....Do some research..and that doesn't mean watching the View or Dr.OZ...