This is one of the most deceiving self-serving companies you will ever come across. It looks like a legit company when you first look at it. They have top notch endorsers like Drew Brees and Rich Froning. They have also sponsored college football bowl games, NASCAR drivers, Major League Soccer, and other high profile events.
There are also a lot of good people who are signed up as distributors. Unfortunately 98-99% of the people are unprofitable after expenses and often times they don't even realize that they are propelling AdvoCare's scam forward. They are excited and have got sucked in by all the false income claims.
It turns out the products aren't nearly as good as what it would initially seems as well. AdvoCare had to pay several health organizations in the state of California $197,000 because they didn't comply with Proposition 65 in reporting to the customers that several of the products have lead in them which can cause birth defects and reproductive harm. This is a very scary and serious situations and most of the Distributors / Customers out side of California have no clue about this and the fact that there is lead in a lot of the products like Meal Replacement Shakes and ThermoPlus. I have tried to attached a picture of the warning but it isn't showing up. Search for "Is Drew Brees Endorsing a Cult?" and you will find a link to the lawsuit and also find the picture of the warning with all the products that have lead in them.
Also AdvoCare keeps a lot of distributors commissions and will state that there is a breach of the contract. The truth of the matter is they have snuck in the clause in their contract that it is at their "sole opinion" and "sole discretion" to suspend or terminate a distributor. The unfortunate thing is that they do this a lot. I myself had around $4,500 in commissions with held from me for an extended period of time. I even know one former distributor who they owe $22,000 but won't pay it to them despite the fact that they made their money up front when the product was ordered.
A large majority of the top distributors are making false income claims. Often times it appears that they will add a 3 week pay period to a 2 week pay period and pass that income off as a months pay. In a lot of situations they seem to be exaggerating that even. Some of the claims seem to be double what they really make BEFORE expenses. After expenses would take it down several notches below that.
Also they sue a lot of people as well. So why would you want to get involved with this company that is constantly kicking people out and suing people?
Search for "Is Drew Brees Endorsing a Cult?" and that will tell you a lot right there. Also you can search the docket in Collin County Texas and see all the people they have sued recently in
Don't get caught up in the AdvoCare pyramid. It isn't what it seems.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- High cost
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Weight Loss Product
- Review category
- Weight Loss, Diets and Training
You May Also Like
- "I am so happy with Advocare! I have lost 54lbs since January! No problem with the distributors, I am a distributor myself so contact me if you want to change..."
- "My name is Penny, a senior from Minnesota. I've had a weight problem since I was a young child. I have tried all diets, pills, food plans and more out..."
- "nascar talladega worst exp. i've ever had at nascar,nascar has turned into cottoncandy an bumper car sports,on its way out,i was thrown out of daga for liteing up a cigarette,this..."
- "ON MARCH 28 2016-I WAS LOOKING FOR A FREE RAGGEDER PROGRAM I HAD DOWN LOADED A WINDOW 8 REPAIR KIT PROGRAM. WHEN I DISCOVER NOT TO BE FREE. I DETECTED...."
- "I went to Panda Express in Tucson AZ, and waited in the drive thru for over 20min. I backed out and proceeded to enter the front door. Once inside the..."
- "John J. Hallinan III runs a website on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/bigjjstudd, it is based in either Media or Havertown PA. I purchased over $100 worth of classic collectible toys from his site..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."