44.3K views
2.6

This is my very real, very FRANK review on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, Meal Replacement Shakes, and Spark.

I got sucked into the Advocare recently, because I know quite a few people personally who have taken it, and yes, they apparently got results from it. They are also distributors of the product, and have advertised Advocare to everyone on their Facebook list. I get it. They got sucked into it too, and want to share their positive experiences with everyone. And maybe, just maybe, they are making money off of it.

Whether or not these people got their results simply by following this strict regimen word for word, pill for pill, is unknown. But I have followed it very strictly for the past month and have lost not one pound...or inch...because remember folks, it's not about the pounds, it's the INCHES lost. *Rolls eyes*

First let me start off with the positive aspects of this diet...I went into it, with lots of support and cheer-leading. That was nice. I had a support system to answer to, and I would hold myself accountable. First, I stopped smoking! No cigarettes for 4 weeks now! Just like that! I have been smoking for years, and suddenly I wanted to be healthy and lose weight, so I just stopped. Sure, I still get cravings, but there's something that's keeping me from lighting up. Secondly, I stopped drinking alcohol. Well, not completely...I will have a glass of wine maybe once or twice a month. For someone who drank on a weekly basis, whether it was wine, beer, or liquor...that was a huge feat! So yes, I am happy with myself on these choices now! Lastly, I cut out junk food, processed foods, etc. I replaced all of my foods with REAL food. You know, fruits, veges, foods that have only one or two ingredients in them, and not a bunch of fillers, chemicals, and byproducts.

I started with the cleanse. I did exactly as I was told. Exactly how the chart said to do. Take this pill. Eat a fruit. Choose a healthy balanced lunch. Take these pills...etc etc. I filled in the chart daily. I kept track of what I was eating. I kept a huge pitcher of water next to my desk (still do) and ran to the bathroom every 10 minutes. And Spark. Spark was great! The first day I took Spark, I got a million things done, and didn't stop until midnight. And then I got no sleep.

The rest of the cleanse has been a nightmare. I have pounding headaches every single day. I am super tired. Something just isn't right with my body. I take Spark twice a day. Once in the morning, and then again at 2:00pm. It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works in giving me that boost, other times I just feel tired and head-achy. This morning, I have been battling an extreme headache, as I am writing this. I took Spark to see if that would help...but it didn't work quickly enough. So I took Ibuprofen too. My headache is just now starting to go away. I couldn't tell you if it's going away because of the Spark or the meds. But either way, that's not a good sign. Am I addicted to Spark now, and if I don't have it, will I experience these withdrawals?

Also, I've been feeling sick to my stomach daily. I've had to go home early from work 4 or 5 times since I've started Advocare. I've been nauseous, have had horrible stomach cramps, and diarrhea. I go to the bathroom too many times a day to count anymore. I'm a receptionist at a prestigious firm, and I have had to literally RUN to the bathroom, almost knocking over other people in the office. I don't know about you, but that's a huge inconvenience.

While all of my friends were losing these inches and showing of photos of their jeans stretched out because they have lost so much, here I am, feeling like ***. I feel fatter than ever. What am I doing wrong? I've completely changed my diet. I've chosen a healthier lifestyle. I chalked it up to being on my menstrual cycle at first, but now that's not it. Yes, I could very well have some sort of health problem that is causing Advocare to do what it claims to do - I will be visiting my doctor next week to find out what's going on with that. Thyroid problem? Could very well be!

BUT!!! And here's my BIG BUT (pun intended!) - Look at the ingredients, people! I am no doctor, nutritionist, or dietician. But I do know that whatever is in this stuff - the pills, the meal replacement shakes, the Spark - there are so many things in it that are not natural. Things I can't pronounce. Things I know are BAD for the human body. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm not ***, but I sure did fall for this gimmick...all because I was desperate to lose weight.

I am by no means saying that my friends are liars. They did the Advocare thing, they got the results they wanted. They changed their lifestyles to more healthier ways of living and eating. I did too, and for that I am so grateful! Advocare may have been the jump start that I personally needed to take charge of my body and my health! However, I do not think that this expensive product is worth it. I do not think that taking a bunch of pills and drinks that contain chemicals and God-knows-what in them. I say, talk to your DOCTOR. Read the reviews of people who have suffered very serious health problems because of it. If you do decide to take it, prepare yourself for the side effects. Or better yet, give your body the things it needs...organic fruits and veges...foods that are REAL, not manufactured in a plant. This review could probably be for any "miracle diet" plan, so please understand that I am not trying to bash a company. I am just writing from personal, real experience. That is just my two cents. ;)

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Advocare Pros: Energy, Felt full.

Advocare Cons: Side effects, Cost, Consistancy of fiber drink, Physical damage, Headaches, Stomach aches, Nausea.

Comments

I had severe symptoms from the Advocare cleanse too. I could not finish it.

I've never drank or smoked. I have always taken care of my body. I believe that the cleanse caused me to develop IBS. I never had a problem before the cleanse, and I have had problems since I started the cleanse a few years ago.

I, too, had to run to the bathroom.

It was only 20 ft away. I didn't make it one time.

#1209502

What people don't realize is you have to prepare for this cleanse before you jump into it. Seems from your blog you were living a pretty unhealthy lifestyle full of junk food, alcohol, addicting nicotine.

Going Cold Turkey like that all at once will of course make you feel pretty Ill. Your body is used to the toxins in processed food, used to the addicting nicotine, used to sugars and substances in alcohol. Your body after being fed nutrients (from vitamins) and probiotic (4 billion cultures of it) probably sent your body into DETOX mode. Where you started flushing all those nasty toxins out through your blood stream, and on top of withdrawals from multiple addicting substances, it's no wonder you felt sick.

Having to rush from the bathroom from pure fiber shows you had tons backed up within you. People who jump into the Advocate cleans after eating unhealthy for a long period of time usually have a rougher start until they are cleansed out. You have to give your body time. I did the 10 day cleanse but I'm already pretty healthy and eat clean and prodominately vegan, and I literally had no symptom because I already nearly cleaned my system and healed my insides from the YEARS of processed food and restored my GI track, intestines and colon.

I say, if you start again, give yourself 2-3 weeks of preparation and clean eating, THEN give it a go. As awful as it is, your body was flushing out the nasty stuff and is a double edged sword, good result, just shows up in a nasty way.

Good luck!!!! :)

@Anonymous

Totally agree! Love my advocare results!

I started Advocare a little over a year ago & I absolutely love the way I feel. I just want to suggest that maybe your symptoms are signs of withdrawals from not having (nicotine /alcohol/fried, processed foods).

Making healthy lifestyle changes are wonderful but u need to give your body some time to adjust. maybe u shouldn't have given up everything at once but little by little. I experience headaches as well but make sure u are drinking enough water bec being dehydrated is the #1 cause. Drink Several bottles of water daily to ensure hydration & limit sodium.

Take things day by day. I don't even buy the Maxphase products anymore. Try & pick & choose what works for u. Know your body.

I do the cleanse phase 2-3 times a yr & take thermoplus / catalyst / omega 3s & spark. Choose the products that work for u.

They can be life changing. Good luck

The vitamins and minerals are often listed in their form that you cannot pronounce. Does not mean they are bad for you

You have serious issues! I can tell you first off you definitely are in the wrong for slamming on AdvoCare.

Sounds to me like you are very unhappy and have to much time on your hands. Almost knocking people down to get to the restroom.... You really make your story sound good but far from believeable.

Such lies you tell! Lmfao!!!!

@Anonymous

Why is she automatically lying? Because it works for you.

You could be lying about it. I just finished my 24 day challenge and I have been sick to my stomach for 2 weeks. I lost almost 4 pounds on it. It did help stop my sugar cravings and I cut out the diet pop also.

But I think it is a gimmick. I lost more weight in the past by just eating healthier.

#1452003

You're a retard.

You shouldn't have taken Spark in the afternoon unless you were planning on running a marathon. It should only be taken on the morning or in the afternoon (when exercising).Remember Spark was originally on the sports line.

Like you, I recently started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I signed up as a distributor before - probably should have waited.

I loved the 10 Day Cleanse - I felt great. I had no hunger, and did well. I lost 4 pounds in 10 days, which I am sure was water. Then I started the second phase - the Max Phase.

First day, I felt like I was going to have a stroke. It started within half an hour or so of the first colored packet. I am sure it was the thermogenic. Later it got worse.

I was dizzy, having terrible headache (like in my jaw - feeling like I was clinching my teeth even when my teeth weren't touching each other). Day 12 I pulled out the ActoTherm and took the Thermoplus instead because it has less caffeine. It was a little better, but not much. I read online about there being very high levels of niacin in the products, so I cut back to one of the Multi-plex after Day 12, and quit drinking Spark.

Still the jaw-clenching headache. Starting on Day 14 I cut out the Bio-therm. Then I cut the meal replacement shake. I still felt horrible.

I am on day 18, and I am stopping all of the supplements except the Catalyst today (I have been taking Catalyst for 6 months and have noticed less sagging skin). I eat an extraordinarily healthy diet and have for a long time. What I eat is very clean. I eat no processed foods, and I really think that I am reacting to the supplements because my body isn't use to artificial sweeteners (I never do artificial anything), and I really get enough vitamins in my diet.

I believe that these supplements and the 24 Day Challenge works for people who have a bad diet and need a lifestyle change, but it isn't for me. I haven't decided if I will continue to be a distributor or not.

I do like the Catalyst and the Carb-ease, and my grown daughter likes the Slam energy drink, so it will save me money on those, but I just don't know how I feel selling something that I can't use.

I know this has been awhile since you posted, but wondering if you found anything wrong with thyroid? I just had mine tested and it is very high.

The only thing I have changed was being on Advocare.

You're probably getting stomach pains and headaches because you're not drinking enough water. The dramatic increase in fiber can make your stomach very upset without the proper water intake and also make you use the rest room more than normal.

Reasons for headaches could be lack of caffeine if you used to drink a lot before you started the cleanse. This whole process is releasing toxins from your body, which could be another cause minor headaches.

It may suck now, but this is just how you personally are responding to the dramatic release of toxins. I bet if you continue with the process you will feel better.

#1132091
@Anonymous

I started four days ago and feel sick and have headaches. I havent had any reaction with the fiber...NO ACTION at all in 4 days. What is wrong with me?

I started the 10 day cleanse today and my stomach feels really really nauseous and I feel a little dizzy. I'm not gonna continue a program that makes me feel like *** on day one..Bummer I was really hoping this will work for me.

I started the cleanse 5 days ago & I'm queasy & I have a headache. I might stop it for one day.

It could be the splenda in the Spark or it could be the herbs in the cleansing pills. I don't know.

While it's true everyone will have different reactions to products- whether they are weight loss related or not- it's also important to know your own body!

Your severe reactions could be due to changing so much at once. It's wonderful that you quit smoking and drinking, but maybe those in addition to the drastic new diet put your body into overdrive.

I've tried several "diets" over the years and noticed I'd feel crummy while my body adjusted. If I took it slower, and changed just 1 thing at a time, I responded better.

As a person who has quit smoking; it sounds like most of the symptoms were nicotine withdrawal. Worst thing I ever did as far as side effects.

I just started Advocare three days ago and I'm not a distributor or an expert.

I appreciate the frank review and will watch out for symptoms. Good luck!

I did find that the caffeine in the spark gave me migraines. I was fine when I didn't drink the spark. I am a water drinker normally and hardly ever drink caffeine.

I'm on day 15....thinking bout quitting since this review is soooo right. I've experienced all these things and advocare is just a waste of time n money

@LeiLlah123

Advocare is not created by someone in their garage. Advocare has a board of highly aclamed doctors who are creating this product.

Dr. Stanley Dudrik created the inter-venous feeding tube. These are the dr. On the med.

board. Advocare is safe and the real deal. My first cleanse I felt sick because my body was not use to all the supplements and basically I was needing nutrition . I feel 100% better then ever now since being on Advocare.

I use to drink 5 cups of coffees day, I have zero now and just 1 spark . It's the real deal. Take your supplements with food in your system .

One thing I have learned everybody has to listen to their body and take the supplements how it works best for you . Don't give up