31.3K views
2.6

This is my very real, very FRANK review on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, Meal Replacement Shakes, and Spark.

I got sucked into the Advocare recently, because I know quite a few people personally who have taken it, and yes, they apparently got results from it. They are also distributors of the product, and have advertised Advocare to everyone on their Facebook list. I get it. They got sucked into it too, and want to share their positive experiences with everyone. And maybe, just maybe, they are making money off of it.

Whether or not these people got their results simply by following this strict regimen word for word, pill for pill, is unknown. But I have followed it very strictly for the past month and have lost not one pound...or inch...because remember folks, it's not about the pounds, it's the INCHES lost. *Rolls eyes*

First let me start off with the positive aspects of this diet...I went into it, with lots of support and cheer-leading. That was nice. I had a support system to answer to, and I would hold myself accountable. First, I stopped smoking! No cigarettes for 4 weeks now! Just like that! I have been smoking for years, and suddenly I wanted to be healthy and lose weight, so I just stopped. Sure, I still get cravings, but there's something that's keeping me from lighting up. Secondly, I stopped drinking alcohol. Well, not completely...I will have a glass of wine maybe once or twice a month. For someone who drank on a weekly basis, whether it was wine, beer, or liquor...that was a huge feat! So yes, I am happy with myself on these choices now! Lastly, I cut out junk food, processed foods, etc. I replaced all of my foods with REAL food. You know, fruits, veges, foods that have only one or two ingredients in them, and not a bunch of fillers, chemicals, and byproducts.

I started with the cleanse. I did exactly as I was told. Exactly how the chart said to do. Take this pill. Eat a fruit. Choose a healthy balanced lunch. Take these pills...etc etc. I filled in the chart daily. I kept track of what I was eating. I kept a huge pitcher of water next to my desk (still do) and ran to the bathroom every 10 minutes. And Spark. Spark was great! The first day I took Spark, I got a million things done, and didn't stop until midnight. And then I got no sleep.

The rest of the cleanse has been a nightmare. I have pounding headaches every single day. I am super tired. Something just isn't right with my body. I take Spark twice a day. Once in the morning, and then again at 2:00pm. It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works in giving me that boost, other times I just feel tired and head-achy. This morning, I have been battling an extreme headache, as I am writing this. I took Spark to see if that would help...but it didn't work quickly enough. So I took Ibuprofen too. My headache is just now starting to go away. I couldn't tell you if it's going away because of the Spark or the meds. But either way, that's not a good sign. Am I addicted to Spark now, and if I don't have it, will I experience these withdrawals?

Also, I've been feeling sick to my stomach daily. I've had to go home early from work 4 or 5 times since I've started Advocare. I've been nauseous, have had horrible stomach cramps, and diarrhea. I go to the bathroom too many times a day to count anymore. I'm a receptionist at a prestigious firm, and I have had to literally RUN to the bathroom, almost knocking over other people in the office. I don't know about you, but that's a huge inconvenience.

While all of my friends were losing these inches and showing of photos of their jeans stretched out because they have lost so much, here I am, feeling like ***. I feel fatter than ever. What am I doing wrong? I've completely changed my diet. I've chosen a healthier lifestyle. I chalked it up to being on my menstrual cycle at first, but now that's not it. Yes, I could very well have some sort of health problem that is causing Advocare to do what it claims to do - I will be visiting my doctor next week to find out what's going on with that. Thyroid problem? Could very well be!

BUT!!! And here's my BIG BUT (pun intended!) - Look at the ingredients, people! I am no doctor, nutritionist, or dietician. But I do know that whatever is in this stuff - the pills, the meal replacement shakes, the Spark - there are so many things in it that are not natural. Things I can't pronounce. Things I know are BAD for the human body. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm not ***, but I sure did fall for this gimmick...all because I was desperate to lose weight.

I am by no means saying that my friends are liars. They did the Advocare thing, they got the results they wanted. They changed their lifestyles to more healthier ways of living and eating. I did too, and for that I am so grateful! Advocare may have been the jump start that I personally needed to take charge of my body and my health! However, I do not think that this expensive product is worth it. I do not think that taking a bunch of pills and drinks that contain chemicals and God-knows-what in them. I say, talk to your DOCTOR. Read the reviews of people who have suffered very serious health problems because of it. If you do decide to take it, prepare yourself for the side effects. Or better yet, give your body the things it needs...organic fruits and veges...foods that are REAL, not manufactured in a plant. This review could probably be for any "miracle diet" plan, so please understand that I am not trying to bash a company. I am just writing from personal, real experience. That is just my two cents. ;)

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue at Advocare. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Advocare to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was side effects, cost, consistancy of fiber drink and physical damage. Author liked the most energy and felt full. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Advocare 24 day challenge for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Advocare?

Comments

I just started my cleanse using Advocare and am sick, sick, sick. I've never been this sick with a detox. Not happy so far.

I have done the 24 day challenge through advocate before and I saw changes.I'm currently within the last week and a half of the challenge, and I've been nauseous, and using the bathroom way more then I did last time.

I'm not sure if the nauseous feeling is from a possible concussion, or not.

But I'm also concerned if its due to the meal replacement shake.Its horrible.

Granville, New York, United States #1305252

i tried advocare cause i was too big for my wedding dress, the shop told me to loose a few ponds and i would be fine, mind you i was a size 16, and the dress was a 4, but a corset..and it was last made 1993.

i gave this 24 day challange a try and i can't complain, at all it gave me all the results i wanted, without any side affects what so ever!!

but of course if you drink exsesively and stopped smoking and expect not to have some kind of effect your crazy, my husband stopped drinking and had with drawls from that, that was pretty bad, headaches and mood swings and can't sleep, he still smokes god only knows how he would feel trying to quit both at once!!!all i can say is i have't had any side effects what so ever, and was thinking about going on it again!!!

I had the same horrid experience with advocare.I wasn't in detox mode either.

I had already cut out sugar and sodas etc and was already eating decently before I began. I apparently drink plenty of water already too. I'm not one for dairy or bread as much either. The shakes and spark all tasted too sweet even when diluted.

My stomach hated all those supplements too. I only lost 3 pounds (but I wasn't too heavy beforehand and I exercised). After doing more research I realized those teams of supposed doctor professionals were full of it. No one should ever be overloading themselves with Splenda laden B 12 drinks and who knows what chemicals in those pills.

Yuck...Won't be hopping on that bandwagon ever again.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1286540

I do not have the smoking/alcohol cessation history like the writer, yet still had the same undesirable gastric results.Initial 2 weeks lost 9 lbs, then nothing.

That is when the intense diarrhea started. I am almost done with the 24 day ***-fest. Still holding at 9 lbs. This is my 3rd time trying Advocare out.

Will be my last. Just didn't work as well as I had hoped and the side effects are too extreme.

I think the more weight you have to lose/the worse your diet is to begin with, the more likely you are to be happy with your results.I was looking for help getting past a plateau- to go from 140 to 120.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #1276910

I had severe symptoms from the Advocare cleanse too.I could not finish it.

I've never drank or smoked. I have always taken care of my body. I believe that the cleanse caused me to develop IBS. I never had a problem before the cleanse, and I have had problems since I started the cleanse a few years ago.

I, too, had to run to the bathroom.

It was only 20 ft away.I didn't make it one time.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1209502

What people don't realize is you have to prepare for this cleanse before you jump into it.Seems from your blog you were living a pretty unhealthy lifestyle full of junk food, alcohol, addicting nicotine.

Going Cold Turkey like that all at once will of course make you feel pretty Ill. Your body is used to the toxins in processed food, used to the addicting nicotine, used to sugars and substances in alcohol. Your body after being fed nutrients (from vitamins) and probiotic (4 billion cultures of it) probably sent your body into DETOX mode. Where you started flushing all those nasty toxins out through your blood stream, and on top of withdrawals from multiple addicting substances, it's no wonder you felt sick.

Having to rush from the bathroom from pure fiber shows you had tons backed up within you. People who jump into the Advocate cleans after eating unhealthy for a long period of time usually have a rougher start until they are cleansed out. You have to give your body time. I did the 10 day cleanse but I'm already pretty healthy and eat clean and prodominately vegan, and I literally had no symptom because I already nearly cleaned my system and healed my insides from the YEARS of processed food and restored my GI track, intestines and colon.

I say, if you start again, give yourself 2-3 weeks of preparation and clean eating, THEN give it a go. As awful as it is, your body was flushing out the nasty stuff and is a double edged sword, good...

Good luck!!!!:)

to Anonymous Anchorage, Alaska, United States #1229493

Totally agree! Love my advocare results!

I started Advocare a little over a year ago & I absolutely love the way I feel.I just want to suggest that maybe your symptoms are signs of withdrawals from not having (nicotine /alcohol/fried, processed foods).

Making healthy lifestyle changes are wonderful but u need to give your body some time to adjust. maybe u shouldn't have given up everything at once but little by little. I experience headaches as well but make sure u are drinking enough water bec being dehydrated is the #1 cause. Drink Several bottles of water daily to ensure hydration & limit sodium.

Take things day by day. I don't even buy the Maxphase products anymore. Try & pick & choose what works for u. Know your body.

I do the cleanse phase 2-3 times a yr & take thermoplus / catalyst / omega 3s & spark. Choose the products that work for u.

They can be life changing.Good luck

The vitamins and minerals are often listed in their form that you cannot pronounce. Does not mean they are bad for you