Seeking info re Advocare

Issue not resolved
Mar 22, 2012
review #306763

I am preparing an article for a well-known national publication on Advocare, the health and wellness multi-level marketing company. If you would like to share your experiences -- positive or negative -- about the company's products and business strategy, please contact me at advocareinformation@gmail.com.

I am hoping to speak with current or former executives, distributors and retail customers, who can speak about the quality of Advocare's products, and the effectiveness of the company's stated mission to help people earn significant additional income and eliminate personal debt.

The information you share will be regarded as anonymous unless you express otherwise.

Thank you.

bf5027f
Had an experience with Advocare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Shame

Mar 10

I did the 10 day cleanse with no problems, definitely need to drink the fiber drink quickly or it turns to a jello consistency.
However three days into the second phase of the 24 day challenge my face, neck, chest and back began to get very warm and red like I was sunburnt. I started to feel very itchy and my face began to tingle like it does right before it goes numb. Obviously I knew i was having an allergic reaction so I took Benadryl and went to sleep.
The fourth day I woke up and my face was swollen, not horribly but enough to cause concern and go to urgent care. I told the doctor I had just started this new phase and while looking at the ingredients he noticed the crazy amount of niacin in the product. Side effects in high doses of niacin yep that's right redness of skin especially in the face and neck, itchy, numbness/tingling, and dryness in the skin.
So Long story short I'm on medications for a week and will not be using this product again. **Definitely consult your physician just in case u may be allergic to something in these products!!!
On a different note I know several people who use advocare products without any problems.

The Skinny

Jul 23, 2013 Lititz, Pennsylvania

I tried Advocate because my best friend was selling it and claimed it would change my life. Well it did for the worst. It caused headaches, stomach cramping and projectile vomiting. I was in such abdominal pain that I could hardly move. I stopped taking it and I was fine. Since I wanted to like it, I stupidly tried it again with the exact same results. That being said, there will not be Advocate in my life! It is sad when you are so ill that you can't even keep liquids down! I did lose 30 pounds in 4 months using Curves Complete!

Karla Cormier

Aug 22, 2012

JUST TO MAKE YOU AWARE IF YOU ARE READING THESE REVIEWS. I did not post the comment on June 6, 2012. Someone has made up an account just to steal my identity and posting negative information about me and Advocare, the company that I actually do believe in and use the products as well as I am an Independent Distributor who is helping people with lifestyle changes. I have even asked this site to remove all of the 3 postings that someone felt they needed to post to try to hurt me as well as interfere with the success that Advocare is having in our community of Denham Springs and Watson, LA.
THE REAL Karla Cormier who is proud to be an Independent Distributor of AdvoCare products. And for some reason, this shows that I am posting this from an area other than Denham Springs, LA...which also is another error!!! Do not trust this site!

Jaine

Aug 07, 2012

We can all save money and just do Slim FAST and vitamins all at WAL MaRT!!!!
Advocate
Is for *** people that enjoy waisting away money.
Just saying

toobig!

Jul 25, 2012

I am interested in the weight loss products. I have been reading up on the products and I am not sure which ones to use. I think I will start with the 24 day challenge butI am not sure what to take after that. Please let me know what you are taking to continue the weight loss journey after the 24 day challenge.

ADVO Dist

Jun 21, 2013

Listen... we have TESTIMONY after TESTIMONY about the GREAT benefits of Advocare... my husbands story regarding his weight loss on the 24 Day Challenge was published in a North Alabama Magazine... Contact Us WE CAN HELP!
www.Advocare.com/121122988
and we would be happy to show you before and after pics of many we have helped, along with their testimonies.

Proof

Jun 21, 2013

Personal testimonies are about as trust worthy as late night infomercials.
If Advocare really believed in their products they would publish the scientific studies proving that their products work.
Advocare has been in business for 20 years and they have yet to provide any scientific proof supporting their products.

bigt

Jul 21, 2012

people who.post negative need to just really need to get a life any company will have those who have nothing else better to do than talk bad. advocare is great millions love it and it works if u try. if someone wants a quick fix get lipo and take the easy way.

RODGER

Jun 30, 2012

KARLA C. SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF!!

Rodger

Jun 30, 2012

VERY POOR INFORMATION REGARDING RESTRICTIONS FOR PROGRAM. SELLER DOES NOT SEEM VERY INTERESTED IN HELPING.

Nikki

Jun 30, 2012

Took herbal cleanse and spent the rest of the morning vomiting. Do not recommend these products!!

ADVO Dist.

Jun 21, 2013

I have done the cleanse, so did my husband, and about 18 of our friends/family so far.... NO ONE had a bad reaction.

AB

Jun 09, 2012

AdvoCare donated $500K to the Drew Brees Foundation. This is after he declined a $5M sponsorship from Gatorade.

Scott Below

Jun 08, 2012

Did the 24 day challenge in January 2012 and lost 16 lbs. Ate plenty of fruits, veggies and lean protiens. Have stayed on the products and lost 55 lbs since January. The products work and the oirganization is awesome. I have not begun the business side of Advocare but I know several who have and are making money. Advocare has many products, not just weight loss. Spark energy drink my be the best product ever invented!

Karla Cormier

Jun 06, 2012

I am a fitness trainer and I was already in great shape when I was approached to sell Advocare products. I became an Advocare distributor for the money. It's a business to me. At first it bothered me that I was misleading people into thinking that I got my results using their products. Now I don't really care. There are always going to be people that want to throw their money away on the hope they will get results. I am more than willing to be the one that takes their cash. Does that make me a bad person? I know the Advocare products are not that great or at best just as good as the proucts you can buy cheaper elsewhere. I really don't care as long as I make the sale.

integrity

Nov 13, 2012

you should be ashamed of your self because you go against everything that Advocare is built on. Integrity, Respect and putting God above everything else, helping others achieve thier goals. You are only out for yourself and with that attitude you are surely to FAIL!!!!!

advocarestinks

Jun 06, 2012

Those products are no better than the stuff you can get elsewhere for less.

useitandloseit

May 19, 2012

Facts:
1. Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
2. Kept it off over a year so far.
3. Eat 5 times a day - Fruit, veggies, GOOD food.
4. Off Blood Pressure meds now.
5. More energy than I have had in years (I'm 51)
6. Was/is the "Catalyst" to change my lifestyle.

7. Making any money is secondary to the Health Benefits, the product sells itself. Friends say, "how did you do it?" and if they are serious, they will do it too. period.

8. All endorsers are unpaid - period. That means they USE the products. Pay attention next time you see lockerroom shots on sporting events...I get free products too, because people buy them through me and that pays for most of what I use.

9. "Who's Who" Medical Board

10. ANYONE who has not benefitted by taking these products didn't follow through - take all of the Spark and Catalyst you want, if you're still eating a pizza and a bag of chips in front of the tv every night... nothing changes. Sorry, folks, but in this remote controlled, instant on, download now, drive thru society we live in - there is no Magic Pill.

11. Advocare isn't just about losing weight and anyone who has DONE THEIR HOMEWORK with Advocare knows that.They also know about the extensive research and testing,the top in their field medical professionals involved - it's pretty easy to "Parrot what other reps feed you" when what other reps feed you is factual, documented
... Show more

Dale

Apr 27, 2012

I started using Advocare in November 2011 and am now down 70 plus pounds. Nuff said

1-20 of 31 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.