Advocare Scam

May 14, 2011
review #237670

They sing you up, place big orders on your account so they get a bonus, It may work for some people, but if you use the same product every day (that has atificial flavor and food dye that are terible for you body) its bad.Just like anything you need a balance.

Start a healthy diet, eat good, fruits, vegtables, grain's ect. If you want to help people help them for free ( its called charity or just help them without them handing you thier wallet!) pyrmid scam!!!

It has split some of my family apart becuse they are not interested, no there selling makeup?Yeah energy drink and makeup, thats the wierdest two none realated things Ive heard of, they just want your money...GO ORGANIC!!!!

abea2cd
Had an experience with Advocare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Jun 19 Hawthorne, California

All u advocare croonies are idiots. These products have nothing to do with ur weight loss or new found energy. Ur mind is the most powerful tool that can make u lose weight and have energy as long as u diet properly and excercise regularly and are disciplined in staying in shape. Millions of people in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and early 2000's never had this *** and knew how to stay in shape and lose weight the ole fashion way of diet and excercise. Visalus and Herbalife are the same *** products as Advocare. Only reason Advocare is more popular is that they have better marketers and big name celebrities getting paid big bucks to advertise Advocares products.

It worked for me

Jan 12

I took this product for 24 days (the 24 day challenge) and it absolutely worked for me. I lost 8 lbs during and then 17 more later.

IntroVent

Nov 05, 2013

I love the way someone calls a multi-level business model a pyramid scam simply because they were unable to be successful at it.

I've tried exactly 3 multi-level systems, none of which were successful, but THEY DO WORK for those who are good at it.

Trust me. Sales...if you aren't good at it, then it won't work.

Another big help in MLM is to already have a lot of contacts. Not talking about your facebook friends here, though that can help too. My favorite band's manager advertised the AdvoCare system and a bunch of people bought it.

Everything that doesn't work for you is not necessarily a scam.

Besides, the initial post looks like it's from someone who didn't actually try it.

I am a consumer of AdvoCare (Not a distributor) and I am currently on day 6 of their 24-day challenge. I've lost 11 pounds and I'm not hungry and I feel good. Can't say I feel better than before I started, but not worse, either.

I started at 301 pounds, so I have a lot to lose. It might not be nearly as effective per pound lost if you are only 20 or so pounds from your ideal weight.

So far, I recommend it. It's something like $168 on Amazon if you don't want to deal with a distributor.

Good luck!

Nov 05, 2013

MLM enjoys a 95% failure rate for those that invest in it - that's what makes it a scam.

If you did your homework, you'd understand this fact. You'd also know that none of Advocare's products have been tested and that they're full of chemicals. But hey, you have some weight to lose. so...

Guil

Jun 14

95% of every type of company fail in the 5 years buddy. Plus, the investment with AdvoCare is $79! What an investment :-).

0 3 Reply
Bama

Sep 30, 2013

A friend of mine became a Distributor and went to the seminar about how to build her business in Texas and I became a distributor just to get the discount on the products. I have no interest in selling the products as I am not a salesperson and I don't care to start another MLM adventure. That said, the product Spark is ok, but I am bothered by the artificial flavors, colors and sweetener. I don't think they say it is a supplement but I know my friend gets quite a buzz and huge energy from it! Of course, if you drink 2 or 3 servings a day it is going to give you energy. I don't think the products are worth the money.

AdvoCare is Clut like

Sep 23, 2013

Not to mention you'll not have any friends left after 8 months of cramming this down their throats!!! :grin

2 0 Reply
Suzie

Jul 15, 2013

My friend sales this stuff and they want everyone to sell because everyone who sales underneath they make a profit on. Did they lose weight? Absolutely, but they changed their whole diet. When you go from eating out and processed foods to veggies and dish of course you will lose weight. DUH! I took
The supplements for a whe and no difference was made. It's almost a cult following but when you are making loads of money off of people then I could see why they would promote it. Exercise people! Get your nutrients rom food and FDA approved vitamins.

u people crack me up

May 02, 2013 Springfield, Missouri

The products work, the business model works the variable is weather or not the person is going to work. There is no product or diet or work out ect that is going to work if you sit on your *** and eat pizza, drink beer and eat Oreos and the only exercise you get is to walk to the bathroom and *** that *** out. AdvoCare does not claim to be a miracle pill, you have to eat right, and no that does not mean to eat like a *** bird to loose weight and take the products to help fill in the gaps in nutrition the food does not supply. Spark gives you added energy, other products they have help you control your appetite and cravings. Also they promote working out, you have to work out to burn calories to. People that aren't morons understand this stuff. Good Sponsors/Distributors should understand and help people they get started on the products understand this to. Bad Sponsors or Distributors who are out for a quick buck or look to cut corners and lie to try and get more sales are the ones who give this type of business a bad name.
Also the business work if you "talk" to people and follow up i.e. not sending our mass emails or facebook blast and expect to get paid. You have to work. Its a numbers game you have to talk to a lot of people and work on yourself, work on how you talk to people ect. You will get paid and paid good if you work.
If you quit or failed its your fault and nobody else's. Don't blame your sponsor or the business model blame yourself. You
... Show more

May 28

***... I followed this scam to a t and no results.... 21 days .... no weight loss..... I'm done !!

Oct 17, 2012 Indianapolis, Indiana

SHOW ME THE RESULTS, SHOW ME THE PROOF!! ANYONE CAN WRITE HOW GREAT IT IS, PROVE IT. AND HOW MUCH A MONTH DOES IT COST TO TAKE ALL OF THESE SUPPLEMENTS AND WHY HAS MY DOCTOR nEVER MENTIONED ADVOCARE IF IT IS SO GREAT?

Me

Feb 27, 2013 Ann Arbor, Michigan

I have lost over 120 pounds with the help of Advocare! The program promotes healthy eating and hydration. The suppliments truly help! It is NOT a miracle diet pill that will destroy your body. It is premier nutrition that aids your body and metabolism. When you restrict your caloric intake you lose many important nutritional components. Advocare helps by providing calcium, fiber, protein, and so on that your body needs. It's not a crash diet, it's a healthy and safe way to lose weight. I lost the 120 pounds in 10 months. That was 7 years ago and I have kept the weight off by incorporating their daily vitamins and energy drink into my lifestyle. It is also not as expensive as people think. I spend less than I would using slimfast or eating the ay I used to.

@me

Feb 27, 2013 Bristol, Vermont

Ha! Someone is fresh out of "Success School"!
If you eat right, there is absolutely no need for supplements. The only thing supplements do is take money out of your pocket and put into someone else. Advocare has been in business for 20 years but has NEVER produced ANY document proving anything other than ho wuch money they make.

1 0 Reply
Lori

Jul 25, 2012

I wasn't interested in the products initially when my daughter approached me about them. I was around 30 pounds overweight. I finally said I would try to 24 day challenge. I lost 4 pounds in two days, then things slowed down but I lost 15 pounds. I take many more of the products now. The osteorthritis in my hips is better, no more cortisone injections, my blood pressure is down and I overall just feel better. Do I still have a bad day once in awhile, yes. Do my hips still hurt some, yes. But nothing like they did before. Despite what you think of MLM's, the products WORK! I don't mind spending money to feel better. I had tried eating and excersising without these products with NO weight loss happening. With these products I see results from my eating right and excersising!

Dying of cancer

Jan 23, 2013 Beaver, Pennsylvania

I was introduced to it by a local monument dealer. He said it was the best product he has ever found. 3 months after I started using their products I became sick. 4 months after that my Dr. diagnosed me with colon and stomach cancer. I had had a colonoscopy 6 weeks before I started taking this deadly poison. I had no cancer before I started taking it. By the time they found it the cancer had spread throughout my body. Everything traced back to me taking these so called health supplements. They are nothing but poison. Don't be another victim of this poison.

and...

Feb 19, 2013

sucks for you to have such bad timing like that huh? :cry

Healthcare professional

Jul 01, 2013 Bossier City, Louisiana

So sorry for your illness, it is rather unfortunate timing indeed, since cancer does not develop overnight and cannot metasticize to become widespread that quickly... Perhaps you should investigate your GI specialist and their false negative colonoscopy... Doubtful it is remotely related to these products... Is you insurance carrier a HMO plan? Maybe that's the problem...

1 0 Reply
Oh yeah

Aug 28, 2013

So, are you suing the company?

none

Nov 03, 2013

oh my really

Donduck

Feb 27, 2013 Las Vegas, New Mexico

You (and your daughter) have fallen for the mlm scam. There is absolutely zero evidence that Advocare products had anything to do with your health. Did you follow the diet and exercise plan? THAT'S what works! There is not one bit of scientific proof that ingesting anything sold by Advocare will cause weight loss or muscle gain. You (along with allof the others) mistakenly assume that it was the pills/powders/potions that did it. Educate yourself with the facts. Be smart!

1-20 of 38 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Advocare.
Filing a new complaint about
×