Advocare? No bad ingredients?

Issue not resolved
Feb 12, 2009
review #145228

Someone on here said Advocare had only all natural, great ingredients.

I am not for or against, however, after reading labels I notice artificial flavors and sucralose.

Artificial ingredients mean chemically altered. Maybe just minutely, but still altered. Call the company, ask them what type of artificial ingredients they use and just what is in them.

Sucralose is sugar, or was once upon a time, until some chemist decided to molecularly change it and add the same chlorine they use in swimming pools to it. Please check every company's ingredients.

This is the only way to challenge the FDA.

c1dc221
Had an experience with Advocare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
bionerd

Sep 14

It is misleading to say that the chlorine in Sucralose is the same as what they use in swimming pools. It is in the form of chloride ions, the same as found in sodium chloride - NaCl (aka table salt) and hydrogen chloride - HCl (stomach acid). The chlorine used in pools is in the highly reactive elemental form.Chlorine as chloride ions is an essential nutrient for living things, functioning as an electrolyte to help maintaing water balance and is involved in many other biological processes.

Mac

Sep 03

Let's be accurate with sucralose. According to webmd.com (which I find to be a valuable medical website).
1- What are artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners can be used instead of sugar to sweeten foods and drinks. You can add them to drinks like coffee or iced tea, and they are found in many foods sold in grocery stores. These sweeteners, also called sugar substitutes, are made from chemicals and natural substances.
(I am paraphrasing the list of other sweeteners since they were not being debated)
* Sucralose (Splenda). It's in many diet foods and drinks.
2- Are sugar substitutes safe? (Sucralose was not mentioned here) Yes. The FDA regulates the use of artificial sweeteners. At one time, saccharin was thought to increase the risk of bladder cancer in animals. Studies reviewed by the FDA have found no clear evidence of a link between saccharin and cancer in humans. People who have phenylketonuria (PKU) should avoid foods and drinks that have aspartame, which contains phenylalanine. 3- Do artificial sweeteners raise blood sugar? No. Artificial sweeteners provide no energy, so they won't affect your blood sugar. If you have diabetes, these substitutes are safe to use. Now, this was just an overview, but factual information nonetheless.

2 0 Reply
LindaTof LV

May 06 Las Vegas, Nevada

I was suffering from menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweat, insomnia, lack of energy, etc. after taking Advocare's Formula W for a week and a half all symptoms subsided.. I also take OmegaPlex and plan on taking their probiotics. I started taking OmegaPlex due to reviews on Dr. Oz. Who only endorses products he has reviewed personally. He stated on his show and you can also find it on his show site that Advocare's OmegaPlex was one among a handful of omega-3 products he found that your body can absorb properly and is not filled with useless ingredients.
My daughter is my distributor and took some Advocare products while pregnant after checking with her doctor including Spark. She is a health conscious nurse.
Some of the comments here sound like fabrications from people who have an allegiance to other product lines. Not cool

2 0 Reply
advotruth99

Jul 11

LindaTfrom LV

May 06 Las Vegas, Nevada

Barb

Aug 18

I wish I could find sites that have review from people who #1 do not sell these products, #2 is not related to someone who makes money from selling this stuff. It's hard to do since this is a ponzi scheme so everybody will be selling it before it's over. Any usefulness it may have is going to be overshadowed by that. :(

4 0 Reply
WakeUP

Nov 05 Florida, United States

Do you even know what a "Ponzi" scheme is?...Please stop talking. Then are all businesses "ponzi" schemes? You have people, that work under people, who work under more people...Thats how companies work!!!...It then comes down to the product, and the people running the company. Advocare has mostly great, safe products. I don't sell them but I do take them....Do some research..and that doesn't mean watching the View or Dr. OZ...

0 0 Reply
Max

Dec 16, 2013

Spark gave he headaches and elevated my BP greatly. facts.

Brad

Jul 15, 2013 Mountlake Terrace, Washington

Was with Advocare for 6 years, and after being tired of the nausea caused by the vitamins despite if i had food in my stomach or not, I had to stop! Vitamins are supposed to make you feel better, but worse! I didnt really see any real results on the products, but stayed with the company for a long time based on the $2.5k investment i made to get the better pricing. The company praises the ingredients and as a distributer, i took that as true (why would I think my new company would mislead me? lol), but looking at the ingredients with the blinders off, I dont know what I was thinking. I think Advocare is a good company, and for performance they do a great job, however nutritionally, they are lacking. the science behind artificial flavoring and Sucralose makes it cheeper to afford, and therefor the company makes more money rather than using quality products. I switched to Isagenix, all natural and mostly organic products with fast and healthy results and no compromise on quality. www.getfitin321.isagenix.com

Clear-Headed in the A.M.

Jan 29, 2013 Natchitoches, Louisiana

I don't sell Advocare. I state that from the get-go. I buy it from a pharmacy. The only Advocare product I use is the Spark (strawberry-mango only). I have drank one most every morning for 6 months. I was never a morning person before this. My job has me in front of a computer most of my workday which does not help me keep myself awake and alert. Advocare helps with the brain fog and to not fall asleep at my desk. :) I have not felt jittery, my sugar doesn't spike (I'm a diabetic), my thyroid and I have felt no ill effects (I have low thyroid), nor have I had heart issues. I'm not saying it is for everybody, but it works great for me. I don't take all the other Advocare products to lose weight. I found that a diet of food that is as close to its natural state as possible (no processed foods) is best and I lose belly fat with it. So, I don't need (or want) the other products. I am a very happy customer and not part of their MLM business side. :)

Nov 18, 2012

I just took it the sparks about 2 and a half hours ago and have a thyroid problem it made my thyroid hurt and feel funny and still is even after two hours. also i took it and for all you out there that smoke *** if you take one serving of this it gives you the feeling that you are high right after that i deiced i will never take this stuff because i don't trust wants in it and any parent that let your kids do any diet should be in jail fro child abuse. this is all true im a christen and i know they are faith base what i think they are really trying to just make money. the only good thing that is coming out of this is that im really focus but cant sleep . and now my chest is starting to hurt.

0 0 Reply
Susan Schultz

Jul 13, 2013 Altoona, Florida

I have a friend that is on AdvoCare products and she also has a thyroid issue. We are also both christians as well. I am assuming that whoever you got your SPARK from didn't ask if you had a sensitivity to caffeine? There is a caffeine free version of SPARK called V-16 and this is what my friend takes and has no issues... she did however try the SPARK first and had the same affect you did, but now she is on the V-16. And Advocare products are also backed by INFORMED CHOICE which is testing that they do in the UK for banned substances in non FDA regulated products, such as supplements and vitamins... hope that helps you.

Jim

Mar 18 Sullivan, Illinois

Feel your thyroid hurting....lol. Sorry but come on! Don't trust the stuff in it? Ok, don't trust vitamins and minerals. In fact, don't take any vitamins or minerals for a year and I will see you in the hospital. All foods have vitamins and minerals in them, so I guess you can't eat either....
Of course you can't sleep and really focused ....it's an energy drink that last 3-5 hours and if for mental focus....duh!
A christen? What's a christen? Oh, you mean Christian....
That HIGH feeling(not sure I ant to know how you know that) is your brain firing on all cylinders. If your chest is hurting....quit smoking!

2 4 Reply
wow didnt know that

Nov 15, 2012 Fort Worth, Texas

wow is that how amway gets customers by trashing other seems kinda low for a company thats been around so long ne ways why do all yall bicker about how this did this and that well ill just say if you dont like it just dont take it and how many of you research the food you eat before you put it in your buggy at the store if you dont like advocare dont take it and if you do then thats great but to cry about how this and that didnt happen for you maybe you should focus less on the products and company and find out why did i spend hours on end researching about ingredients when my life isnt the way i want it to be maybe then you can find peace because this cry baby stuff is sad

Never Take This!

Sep 20, 2012

anyone remember HERBALIFE? They were SUED -- big time -- and are out of business -- so the founder of HERBALIFE (which was another MLM) created Advocare (also a MLM) -- by the way -- his products killed him in 2001.

Might as well follow the Atkins diet (he's dead too) or better yet, go with the longest running MLM out there: AMWAY.

Dec 22, 2012

Herbalife was started in 1980 by Mark Hughes, AdvoCare was started in 1993 by Charles Ragus. Charles Ragus did work for Herbalife as a distributor but he was not the creator of both.

Also you claim that AdvoCare products killed Charles Ragus in 2001; while it is true he died in 2001 can you provide any evidence that AdvoCare products killed him?

If we can stick to our own experiences or facts then we stop spreading lies... please stop spreading lies.

Thank you.

3 0 Reply
Lies???

Dec 23, 2012 Pensacola, Florida

The biggest lie being told is that Advocare "works"!!! After all of these years, after all of the "esteemed" doctors on the med/sci board, not one single scientific fact has ever been published proving that ANY of Advocare's claims are actually true. The BEST you Advocare parrots have is, "You have to try it! It worked for me!" but correlation does NOT equal causation. Changing you eating and activity habits for the better are the only things scientifically proven to work. Once you can prove any of Advocare claims, only then can you comment on spreading lies.

Ajones

Jan 19, 2013 Southlake, Texas

You're correct. The entire campaign for Advocare distributors is simple: "Have a party, tell everyone (testimonials) that "it worked for me, it works for my friends, so let's get you started." I mean my skin crawls when i hear somebody like that. I was also fortunate enough to stumble onto a couple of distributors up in Celina at the balloon show. I let them tell how great everything was then i simply asked, " does Advocare make any of its own products??". They instantly replied "YES". So, its easy to see the desperation for money in these guys, and lack of sincerity. WHY? I"ve been making Advocare products for over 14 years. They make...not a one.

1 0

Jun 29, 2013 Wellington, Florida

I have ran on the Advocare diet (without the supplements and products) before for two months, twice the time of the 24 day challenge Advocare promotes. I still felt fatigued, disoriented, and difficult to focus. I have looked into all of the ingredients and they work. Describing them all just takes too long. I see one new person find success on the 24 day challenge every day on Facebook. It works. Just because you're skeptical about it doesn't mean the products do not work.

0 0

Mar 08, 2013 Scarsdale, New York

advocare kills! I am sick of idiots who think they can survive off of chemically induced powders that are full of sugar (all for the sake of looking thinner)Health = beauty..get it!! Hello people wake up! And to all the "sellers" of this *** product...i hope you are not *** enough to take it yourself!

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 137 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.