Advocare hidden no return policy

Mar 15, 2011
review #226809

I just bought over $450 of product from Advocare, and when disappointed with it, was just told that there is no return. This must by how they make their money -- once you buy a product, they will never give you your money back.

My distributor was supposed to tell me this. My bad for not checking out all the details first. I assumed that the product could be returned, because most things are returnable.

The product is the 24 day challenge. The herbal cleanse is gross -- completely grainy, and made me want to gag.

The customer service rep was also misleading. She kept saying I could return the products, but then she said that really it was an exchange. It just reinforces all the negative stereotypes about multi-level marketing.

9c3c79d
Had an experience with Advocare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
juicer

13 hours ago Fort Wayne, Indiana

As for the distributors who disappear, just like any other business in a box /mlm system, a lot of people quit because of one or two bad experiences.
As for the $ back guarantee, find it in writing or text/email, or just recall the date and representatives' name and contact info. Thank the company ahead of time. If need be, invoke legal language, or send a second letter through an attorney for a fraction of the cost.

dv

Aug 30

incorrect, Advocare has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Your Distributor may need some training! Please check the company website for more information, www.advocare.com

TD

Jun 05 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

There is a money back guarantee. You will never be stuck with Advocare products. Contact the main office in Texas and they will assist.

terri

Apr 30 Columbus, Indiana

I was told there was a money back gaurantee also.i did the 24 day challenge and it didnt do as was supposed to!!!

Toph

Jan 21 Palisade, Nebraska

I started the 24 day challenge because I wanted to lose 20 pounds. I was skeptical and when I got the product with booklet it was just telling me to eat right. No sweets, bad carbs ect....well Dah I can make a pill and tell you to eat right and exercise and you will lose weight too. Anyway I followed the directions and at day 16 not a pound lost. Never drank energy drinks before getting on this and on day 16 checked my bp at it was 149/113 holy ***!!! Bp never so high. I already had ate pretty good and exercised regular and just wanted to lose some extra pounds this stuff is dangerous. I quit took bp next day and back down to normal. Also reps make their real money by getting you as a distributor. They use passive aggressive tactics to get you on board....amway on steroids. It did give me tons of energy but my heart was getting ready to explode. Also be warned of amino acid sups FDA came down on one major company that added an ingredient that made people's liver fail. Just eat right and exercise I learned my lesson....this stuff is pure ***.

0 1 Reply
shirleymac

Jan 01

yeah, well I didn't lose weight on it and then my feet swelled and that bought me an ER visit. I was actually told by my distributor that there was an 100% money back guarantee, however I haven't gotten a reply from her yet. I'm certainty hoping that she'll work this out for me because $200 is a big deal for me.

Ashley

Feb 02

There is a money back guarentee. Call customer service tell them your doctor has told you to discontinue advocare and you are set. I had to do that and they were good with me.

4 0 Reply
Angry333

Sep 09, 2013

Maybe Advocare does work for some people. All I know is I've followed this diet to a T, on day 16 of the challenge and I feel like ***. And I felt this way the entire time. Yes im eating enough, yes I'm drinking enough water and yes I'm following the instructions. I'm shaky, lethargic, nauseous, constipated, HUNGRY, weak, I get cold sweats, I can't work out because I don't have the energy and getting up makes me dizzy. I didn't want to quit because of the amount of money I've wasted but I'm about done. Now I've found out a friend had the same symptoms during the cleanse and she quit then. As far as weight loss- 6 lbs durning the cleanse and I've gained 4 back since then. Such bs. It DOESN'T work for everyone. Nothing does. I just hate that I thought it was a scam to begin with.

shirleymac

Jan 01

Oh I get EXACTLY what you're saying. You're right. Nothing works for everyone. You're a grown up so I'm quite sure you were able to read the directions and follow them. I did the same thing. Followed it to a T. Lost six then gained two back. Then my feet and hands began swelling and my face got puffy. I got short of breath also. I ended up in the Er and was told that something in the product didn't agree with my system because I have no underlying health problems. I've sent them an email and plan to call after the New Year to try and get a refund. I really hope this company everyone is raving about has integrity so that I'll get my money back. I'll give them the benefit of doubt until they decline my request.

mememe

Mar 19

I have had a terrible experience with it as well, the same sort of symptoms...I thought I was going to go crazy. I am still trying to get a refund because I bought extra stuff anticipating great results so my bill was nearly $300

Gemini 80

Aug 11, 2013 Nashville, Tennessee

You evidently didn't have a sponsor that was willing to follow through the challenge with you. We sponsors with AdvoCare stick by you throughout your journey but sometimes there are people that don't care and just want to make a buck. The products DO work and there are tons of people out there that have had a huge success with AdvoCare.

4 0 Reply

Aug 12, 2013

Advocare reps are trained in making a sale and how to recruit people. None of them are qualified to make health/wellness/diet recommendations or give such advice.

Common sense tells you that you shouldn't ask your plumber to perform your heart surgery. Never take advice from an Advocare rep.

1 4 Reply
Valley Trainer1

May 28 Mcallen, Texas

Wrong. I am a personal trainer and have has amazing success with advocare, my parents list over 100 pounds combined, and hundreds of pounds lost between clients. Trust me, if our program didn't "work" for you, then something is wrong with your body. The nutrition is at a Slight calorie deficit, so weight loss will occur, the products help reinforce wellness and health. And I'm sure being a Texas A&M Kinesiology /nutrition major is qualified enough.

4 1 Reply
fu advocare

Mar 08, 2013 Corpus Christi, Texas

I paid 195.00 for bs that doesn't even work. It jus made me gain weight. I did everything it said to do and nothing. Ya'll are jus a bunch of rip-offs that want money. :(

1 1 Reply
Matt Brun

Apr 30, 2013 Dayton, Ohio

That's funny bc I paid 195, actually followed the directions, didn't do an ounce of exercise, and had very good results. So much so that my wife and I decided to pursue it as a business BECAUSE the products worked. So tell me, how could you have been taking products that increase your energy, metabolism, nutrition, and appetite-control, yet you actually gained weight? If someone tells us they followed the directions but it didn't work for them, we always trace it back to the fact that they didn't take the products according to the instructions. Even when people screw up their diet, they still end up losing weight (though not as much as they could have), the key is to take the products, when they are suppose to take them, in the proper quantity. Good luck with your weight loss!

4 1 Reply
L. Noah

Jun 09 Asheville, North Carolina

I'd have to disagree...I'm trying advocare 24 day cleanse for a second time. The first time I followed it to the T because of the expense. Not one pound or inch lost. I went to the dr to have my thyroid and bloodwork checked. Vitamin D was low but nothing else. Started Vitamin D and decided to give Advocare a second try. Bought the "optional" supplements as well. Taking it just as directed and using the App on my phone. Day 17 and not one pound or inch lost. Not sure how it's possible when my eating is perfect and I'm taking everything on time. No cheating whatsoever. This product does not help everyone. And to say that we must not be doing the right thing is an insult to the discipline we're showing in our lives trying to put this plan to work.

Tom Nagley

Sep 23, 2012

AdvoCare has a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product. I am an Independent Distributor for AdvoCare.

All products are put together by a 9 Medical Doctor panel to include the doctor who founded the interveinous feeding solution for patients who can't eat on their own.

The Fiber Drink should be mixed with Mandarine Orange Spark to give it a "pulpy orange juice" taste....we dont recommend anyone drink the Fiber Drink straight up as it doesn't have the best taste, but it does work great! Most of our customers are losing 3-8 pounds on just the Herbal Cleanse (with Fiber Drink) alone!

3 0 Reply
Tee2gurl89

Aug 08, 2012

Advocare does work if taken as directed but that's it! I was told that there's a form to print, fill out, and be notarized in order to get a refund but I cannot find the form on the website! My distributor ended up changing their phone number once I received it and I felt completely lost after the cleanse. They said I was allowed to return it for a full refund of whatever bottles I have left. I just can't find the form.

corey from slidell

Jul 09, 2012

I so wanna know more about this advacare stuff from more people. Os ot fact or fiction. Will i waste my time at this going texas meeting coming up. Chljosh@ yahoo.com

Michelle

Apr 14, 2012

People's comments about "beware of multi-level marketing" crack me up. EVERYTHING you purchase in life is esssentially multi-level. If you go to Wal-mart, the cashier makes the least, the manager a bit more, the store owner a bit more, the CEO the most etc...for every store you patronize!!! So, why not purchase products from someone you know who is trying to make a living or pay off debt or whatever their situation. Direct Sales is a different business. Most people don't understand it, but the ones who do are very successful at it.

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Advocare.
Filing a new complaint about
×