Advocare hidden no return policy

I just bought over $450 of product from Advocare, and when disappointed with it, was just told that there is no return. This must by how they make their money -- once you buy a product, they will never give you your money back.

My distributor was supposed to tell me this. My bad for not checking out all the details first. I assumed that the product could be returned, because most things are returnable.

The product is the 24 day challenge. The herbal cleanse is gross -- completely grainy, and made me want to gag.

The customer service rep was also misleading. She kept saying I could return the products, but then she said that really it was an exchange. It just reinforces all the negative stereotypes about multi-level marketing.

review #226809
121 36 Helpful?
Had the same issue22 Comments39
Had an experience with Advocare?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

May 15 #984833

It clearly states on the AdvoCare website:
Is the 24-Day Challenge right for everyone?
"Thousands of people have had success with the 24-Day Challenge. However, there are some products in the 24-Day Challenge that may not be suitable for every individual. This is why it is very important to check with your healthcare professional before beginning any AdvoCare regimen."
And it goes on to say in FINE print:
†This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
So people have a CHOICE. People DO have a choice.

Steve

Feb 02 #939950 Saint Paul, Minnesota

Honestly, if they were actually a legitimate health company that cared they would have a money back guarantee after the challenge was complete. I think that you should give a product the amount of time that the company said it would take to change you. But if you are still unsatisfied after the allotted amount of time there should be money going back to your account no questions asked. Not all MLM's are like this and I am sorry that Advocare is sadly the face of MLM companies now days with their unhealthy drinks and practices. I hope you find something, MLM or otherwise, that suits you in a more fulfilling way. Most distributors that I have met in my company do care and actually do go to the gym with their customers to make sure that they are completely satisfied, but admittedly it is few and far between to find that.

0 1 Reply
juicer

Sep 30, 2014 #877340 Fort Wayne, Indiana

As for the distributors who disappear, just like any other business in a box /mlm system, a lot of people quit because of one or two bad experiences.
As for the $ back guarantee, find it in writing or text/email, or just recall the date and representatives' name and contact info. Thank the company ahead of time. If need be, invoke legal language, or send a second letter through an attorney for a fraction of the cost.

0 1 Reply
dv

Aug 30, 2014 #863536

incorrect, Advocare has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Your Distributor may need some training! Please check the company website for more information, www.advocare.com

3 0 Reply

Feb 03 #940258 Lawrence, Kansas

Please tell me where to find this. I looked everywhere on the site

TD

Jun 05, 2014 #824079 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

There is a money back guarantee. You will never be stuck with Advocare products. Contact the main office in Texas and they will assist.

2 0 Reply
terri

Apr 30, 2014 #810664 Columbus, Indiana

I was told there was a money back gaurantee also.i did the 24 day challenge and it didnt do as was supposed to!!!

Toph

Jan 21, 2014 #776168 Palisade, Nebraska

I started the 24 day challenge because I wanted to lose 20 pounds. I was skeptical and when I got the product with booklet it was just telling me to eat right. No sweets, bad carbs ect....well Dah I can make a pill and tell you to eat right and exercise and you will lose weight too. Anyway I followed the directions and at day 16 not a pound lost. Never drank energy drinks before getting on this and on day 16 checked my bp at it was 149/113 holy ***!!! Bp never so high. I already had ate pretty good and exercised regular and just wanted to lose some extra pounds this stuff is dangerous. I quit took bp next day and back down to normal. Also reps make their real money by getting you as a distributor. They use passive aggressive tactics to get you on board....amway on steroids. It did give me tons of energy but my heart was getting ready to explode. Also be warned of amino acid sups FDA came down on one major company that added an ingredient that made people's liver fail. Just eat right and exercise I learned my lesson....this stuff is pure ***.

1 2 Reply
shirleymac

Jan 01, 2014 #766689

yeah, well I didn't lose weight on it and then my feet swelled and that bought me an ER visit. I was actually told by my distributor that there was an 100% money back guarantee, however I haven't gotten a reply from her yet. I'm certainty hoping that she'll work this out for me because $200 is a big deal for me.

Ashley

Feb 02, 2014 #781162

There is a money back guarentee. Call customer service tell them your doctor has told you to discontinue advocare and you are set. I had to do that and they were good with me.

6 0 Reply
Angry333

Sep 09, 2013 #714362

Maybe Advocare does work for some people. All I know is I've followed this diet to a T, on day 16 of the challenge and I feel like ***. And I felt this way the entire time. Yes im eating enough, yes I'm drinking enough water and yes I'm following the instructions. I'm shaky, lethargic, nauseous, constipated, HUNGRY, weak, I get cold sweats, I can't work out because I don't have the energy and getting up makes me dizzy. I didn't want to quit because of the amount of money I've wasted but I'm about done. Now I've found out a friend had the same symptoms during the cleanse and she quit then. As far as weight loss- 6 lbs durning the cleanse and I've gained 4 back since then. Such bs. It DOESN'T work for everyone. Nothing does. I just hate that I thought it was a scam to begin with.

shirleymac

Jan 01, 2014 #766691

Oh I get EXACTLY what you're saying. You're right. Nothing works for everyone. You're a grown up so I'm quite sure you were able to read the directions and follow them. I did the same thing. Followed it to a T. Lost six then gained two back. Then my feet and hands began swelling and my face got puffy. I got short of breath also. I ended up in the Er and was told that something in the product didn't agree with my system because I have no underlying health problems. I've sent them an email and plan to call after the New Year to try and get a refund. I really hope this company everyone is raving about has integrity so that I'll get my money back. I'll give them the benefit of doubt until they decline my request.

mememe

Mar 19, 2014 #796589

I have had a terrible experience with it as well, the same sort of symptoms...I thought I was going to go crazy. I am still trying to get a refund because I bought extra stuff anticipating great results so my bill was nearly $300

Gemini 80

Aug 11, 2013 #698039 Nashville, Tennessee

You evidently didn't have a sponsor that was willing to follow through the challenge with you. We sponsors with AdvoCare stick by you throughout your journey but sometimes there are people that don't care and just want to make a buck. The products DO work and there are tons of people out there that have had a huge success with AdvoCare.

5 0 Reply

Aug 12, 2013 #698204

Advocare reps are trained in making a sale and how to recruit people. None of them are qualified to make health/wellness/diet recommendations or give such advice.

Common sense tells you that you shouldn't ask your plumber to perform your heart surgery. Never take advice from an Advocare rep.

3 5 Reply
Valley Trainer1

May 28, 2014 #821044 Mcallen, Texas

Wrong. I am a personal trainer and have has amazing success with advocare, my parents list over 100 pounds combined, and hundreds of pounds lost between clients. Trust me, if our program didn't "work" for you, then something is wrong with your body. The nutrition is at a Slight calorie deficit, so weight loss will occur, the products help reinforce wellness and health. And I'm sure being a Texas A&M Kinesiology /nutrition major is qualified enough.

8 5 Reply
fu advocare

Mar 08, 2013 #620073 Corpus Christi, Texas

I paid 195.00 for bs that doesn't even work. It jus made me gain weight. I did everything it said to do and nothing. Ya'll are jus a bunch of rip-offs that want money. :(

3 2 Reply
Matt Brun

Apr 30, 2013 #644097 Dayton, Ohio

That's funny bc I paid 195, actually followed the directions, didn't do an ounce of exercise, and had very good results. So much so that my wife and I decided to pursue it as a business BECAUSE the products worked. So tell me, how could you have been taking products that increase your energy, metabolism, nutrition, and appetite-control, yet you actually gained weight? If someone tells us they followed the directions but it didn't work for them, we always trace it back to the fact that they didn't take the products according to the instructions. Even when people screw up their diet, they still end up losing weight (though not as much as they could have), the key is to take the products, when they are suppose to take them, in the proper quantity. Good luck with your weight loss!

9 4 Reply
L. Noah

Jun 09, 2014 #825364 Asheville, North Carolina

I'd have to disagree...I'm trying advocare 24 day cleanse for a second time. The first time I followed it to the T because of the expense. Not one pound or inch lost. I went to the dr to have my thyroid and bloodwork checked. Vitamin D was low but nothing else. Started Vitamin D and decided to give Advocare a second try. Bought the "optional" supplements as well. Taking it just as directed and using the App on my phone. Day 17 and not one pound or inch lost. Not sure how it's possible when my eating is perfect and I'm taking everything on time. No cheating whatsoever. This product does not help everyone. And to say that we must not be doing the right thing is an insult to the discipline we're showing in our lives trying to put this plan to work.

9 0 Reply
BoomerSooner

Mar 31 #965982 Houston, Texas

I actually have had a few clients here and there not lose weight but have had their body fat go down. Which is why it's very important to not just weight yourself before doing the challenge but also take measurements and BF. My husband is a prime example, he actually gained 3 lbs but his BF went down so he actually just replaced his body fat with muscle (he was using catalyst by the way..great stuff). So yes sometimes you won't lose weight but if I'm replacing fat with lean muscle that's a great trade off.

1 0

1-20 of 39 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Advocare.
Filing a new complaint about
×